The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the Provisional chemistry specimen for 2018/2019 may/June examination.
PROVISIONAL CHEMISTRY SPECIMEN FOR WASSCE 2018
In addition to the fittings and reagents normally contained in a chemistry laboratory, the following apparatus and materials will be required by each candidate
- one burette of 50cm3 capacity
- one pipette, either 20cm3 or 25cm3. All candidates at one centre must use pipettes of the same volume. These should be clean and free from grease
- The usual apparatus for Titration
- the usual apparatus and reagents for qualitative work including th following with all reagents appropriately labelled.
- glass rod
- filtration apparatus
- two boiling tubes
- four test tubes
- wash bottle containing distilled/ deionized water
- mathematical table/calculator..
Each candidate should be supplied with the following, Where ‘n’ is the candidate’s serial number.
- 150cm3 of ethanedioic acid (H2C204) solution in a corked flask or bottled labelled ‘An’. These should all be the same containing 4.50g of H2C204 per dm3 of solution.
- 150cm3 of potassium tetraoxomanganate (VII) solution in a corked flask or bottle labelled ‘Bn’. These should all be the same containing 3.16g of KlVinO4 per dm3 of solution.
- One spatula of a uniform mixture of NaCl and ZnC03 in a specimen bottle labelled ‘Cn’. The comp of the mixture should be in th 1:1 by mass.