The funding programme CCP Refugees and Migration supports networks, further training and exchange between professionals of refugee work and in the field of migration. In 2017, the programme focuses on African countries along the main migration routes to the Mediterranean. The programme is an adapted concept of the CrossCulture Programme (CCP) of ifa and is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office.
Areas and target groups
CCP Refugees and Migration is aimed at employees of non-governmental organisations, government agencies and organisations in the field of refugee work and migration. Participating countries in 2017 are Germany as well as Chad, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, and Uganda.
ifa assigns up to 24 scholarships for a period of five weeks up to three months until December 2017. Scholarship holders cooperate with a host organisation abroad. The main focus is refugee management and the eradication of root causes of forced migration.
Organisation and benefits
Participants from Germany conduct their work-related stay in one of the participating countries named above; participants from African countries exclusively in Germany. The scholarship holders meet for a one-week workshop in Berlin which offers the possibility of professional and personal exchange, further training and networking.
ifa is responsible for the organisation and costs of the programme. The host organisation will not have any financial obligations. In addition to travel, accommodation and insurance expenses, each participant will receive a monthly scholarship of 800 Euro.
Who can apply?
- Professionals, employees or long-term volunteers of an institution from the eligible countries can apply in coordination with their home organisation.
- Applicants are required to have a profound knowledge, relevant work experience and a long-term involvement with an organisation or institution (governmental or non-governmental) in the field of refugees and migration, either as an employee, freelancer or volunteer in their home country.
- For participants from Germany a good command of English is compulsory. For participants from African countries a good command of English is strongly recommended but not compulsory. Knowledge of the language of the host country (e.g. German or French) is very valuable, but not a requirement for application.
- Candidates are also required to be in a good state of health and to have the physical and intellectual capability required for spending a lengthy period of time abroad and working with their host organisation.
- Organisations can encourage their employees to apply. They are also invited to host fellows from one of the participating countries. Organisations in Germany host participants from African countries, organisations in African countries host participants from Germany. The programme welcomes so-called tandem partnerships, i.e. institutions are sending an employee as well as €hosting a scholarship holder from abroad.
The programme strives for gender equality and diversity of the participants.
Applications for CCP Refugees and Migration are to be submitted online via our application portal.
Please fill in the form and upload the following documents:
- Your CV with detailed information about your education, professional and voluntary experience, and further knowledge/skills.
- Motivation letter. Please use this template.
- Recommendation letter from your home organisation. Please use this template.
- Your photograph (optional)