The Obefemi Awolowo University Centre For Distance Learning (OAUCDL) has announced the sales of the Diploma and Certificate Programmes Admission form for 2017/2018 academic session.
- Diploma in Music
- Diploma in Dramatic Arts
- Diploma in Physical and Health Education
- Diploma in Conservation Science and Tourism
- Diploma in Fine Arts
- Diploma in Yoruba Studies
Professional Diploma Programme:
- Oral Health Care
- Certificate in French Language
- Certificate in Portuguese Language
- Certificate Course in Fisheries and Wildlife Management
- Certificate Course in Rural Development Studies
- Certificate Course in Extension Management and Administration
- Certificate Course in Agricultural Media Communication
- Non Degree Certificate in Gender Studies
- Advanced Certificate Course in Monitoring and Evaluation of Public Health
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Diploma and the Certificate Programmes co-ordinated by the Centre for Distance Learning, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- Candidates applying for any of the Diploma Programmes must have passes in five (5) relevant subjects at credit level including English Language, at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE), General Certificate of Education (GCE), NECO. Candidates applying for Conservation Science and Tourism must have passes in five (5) subjects at credit level in WAEC/NECO/GCE which must include English Language and Biology, in addition to any of the following: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Economics and Geography. In special cases of museum professionals, three (3) credit passes in WAEC/NECO/GCE will be accepted.
- Candidates applying for Diploma in Yoruba Studies must have passes in any five (5) subjects at credit level including English Language and Yoruba Language at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE), General Certificate of Education (GCE), NECO.
- However, Candidates applying for Professional Diploma in Oral Health Care must be health professionals of any discipline with experience / training in Primary Health Care and must have at least 3 credits including English and Biology.
- Candidates for admission into the non-degree programme should have at least OND or NCE certificate. However, school certificate holders who have acquired enough experience working on development issues (minimum of two years) will also be considered for the programme. The course shall run for 8 weeks.
- Candidates applying for Certificate in Portuguese Language must have at least five “O” level credits in SSCE, NECO or GCE. It is not compulsory that candidates have any previous knowledge of Portuguese language.The only valid certificate obtainable at the end of this programme is the CELPE-BRAS certificate awarded by the Brazilian Ministry of Education to all successful candidates. The programme shall last for six (6) months.
- Candidate applying for Certificate Course in French Language must have three “O” level credits in SSCE, NECO or GCE. It is not compulsory that candidates have any previous knowledge of French language.
- The Advanced Certificate course in Monitoring an Evaluation of Public Health Programmes is appropriate for health Practitioners working for National , State or other sub-national agencies.
Candidates with at least a basic professional qualification in any health –related discipline, Graduates in relevant core and social sciences, including statistics and demography, will also be eligible. The programme will run for 13 weeks. It will adopt a blended learning approach of 2 weeks of face to face and 11 weeks online sessions.
- Applicants for admission into the Non-degree Certificate Programme in Fisheries and Wildlife Management must have at least a School Certificate or its equivalent. Fish farmers or Animal husbandry practitioners might also be considered for the programme. The programme will run for ten (10) weeks.
- Candidates for admission into Certificate Course in Rural Development Studies, Certificate Course in Extension Management and Administration and Certificate Course in Agricultural Media Communication should have at least Four (4) Credit passes in WASC/GCE/SSCE/NECO/TC II in English Language, Mathematics, Agricultural Science or Biology plus 1 other relevant subject at not more than two sittings. All programmes shall run for Two (2) Semesters.
Method of Application
All application fees are to be paid through any of the followin banks: Skye Bank, Wema, First Bank or UBA on e-Tranzact Platform.
Application fee for certificate in French Language is N5,000 while the application fee for all other programmes is N10,000.00.
- Go to any Branch of UBA, First Bank, Skye Bank or Wema Bank (through eTranzact Platform) to make the prescribed Application Fee. You will be issued an eTranzact Receipt Which contains a Receipt Number and Confirmation Order Number (Please note that bank charges apply and are to be paid).
- Create an account on the portal with a Username and Password by clicking on Apply No
- After creating the account, login with your USername and Password
- Confirm your payments with your E-tranzact receipt (you need to enter the Receipt Number and Confirmation Order Number in the appropriate boxes).
- Fill your forms by supplying the required information and upload your passport photograph
- Logout when you are through (Please store your Username and Password on your Mobile Phone for you to be able to remember them).
- Valid email address
- Passport Photograph (100kb Max)
- Applicants are advised to make payments personally and obtain the eTranzact receipts at any of the designated banks. The Centre for Distance Learning, OAU has not engaged any individual or organization to carry out this application procedure on her behalf and thus shall not be held responsible for any issue arising from the involvement of a third party.
- The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within 2 weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted. Candidates are required to check the website frequently for the actual entrance examination / screening date and venue.Candidates are to note that bank charges apply.
- Please always check the website for further information and notices.
O.M. Ogunkoya (Mrs.)
Centre for Distance Learning,
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
In case you have created your Account, Click here to Login
For further information, please check the available Programmes