The Authorities of the Kaduna State University, College of Basic Studies has commenced the sales of the admission forms for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Entry requirements for the basic and remedial programmes respectively are as follows:
Basic Studies Programme:
- Candidates for this programme must possess not less than five (5) O-Level credits which must include English Language and Mathematics.
- The other three credits for the SCIENCE programme should be in the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and/or Geography.
- For the HUMANITIES programme, the other three credits should be in Economics, Government/History, Literature in English, Biology, and/or Geography.
- The five credits above must be obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
- Candidates must register for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) with relevant subject combinations and must obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government.
Remedial Studies Programme:
- Candidates for the SCIENCE Remedial Programme must possess a minimum of three (3) O-Level credits in not more than 1 sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography.
- Candidates for the HUMANITIES Remedial Programme must possess a minimum of three (3) O-Level credits in not more than 1 sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Government/History, Literature in English, Biology and Geography.
- Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies Programme are expected to register and pass the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient in.
- Candidates will not be allowed to register for subjects that have not been attempted at O-Levels.
For method of Application, go to https://cbs.kasu.edu.ng/
Deadline for application is Friday, 27th October 2017.