The Facebook Emerging Scholar Award is open to 1st year and second year PhD students. This fellowship program is considered to involve people who identify as: Black or African American, person having origins in any Black racial groups of Africa; Hispanic or Latino, person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South American, Central American, Caribbean, or other Spanish culture origin, regardless of race; Native American or Alaskan Native, person having origins in any of the original peoples of North, Central, or South America and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment; Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, person having origins in the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa or other Pacific Islands.
- Application Opens: 1st September, 2017
- Application Deadline: 31st October, 2017
To be taken at (country): US
Number Of Awardees: Not specified
Value Of Scholarship:
- Payment of tuition and fees for two academic years
- $37,000 annual stipend
- Up to $5,000 towards conference travel funds
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of the above mentioned regions
- have completed their Masters and Bachelors degree program
- be in their 1st or 2nd year of their PhD program
How To Apply: Click here to apply
The following are required during application:
A) Research Summary 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research. Please reference the research areas.
B) Resume or CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
C) Two letters of recommendation (Please provide their email addresses):
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
Visit The Fellowship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: Facebook