The University of Lagos invites all suitably and qualified candidates to fill the Pastor Enoch A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics.
A. JOB DESCRIPTION
The person that will occupy the Pastor E.A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Mathematics and carry out research in any specialized area of Mathematics.
Occupant of the Chair shall organize an Annual Lecture as well as deliver a terminal public lecture on his/her accomplishments at the end of the tenure.
B. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The successful applicant to this position would be called Pastor Enoch Adeboye “Outstanding” Professor of Mathematics, in the sense that he/she must have earned it by his or her outstanding accomplishments.
- A Ph.D in Applied Mathematics from a reputable University.
- An impeccable record of teaching and research career in the Professorial Cadre (i.e. Professor or Associate Professor). Part of a demonstrable indicator of research achievements is in the number of Ph.D’s successfully supervised by the candidate.
- There must be strong proof of Continuing Research in Mathematics
- Possess administrative and academic leadership skills augmented by requisite communication and interpersonal skills and must be of proven integrity.
- Possession of cutting-edge information technology (IT) credentials will be an added advantage.
- Membership of learned societies in the Mathematical Sciences is highly desirable.
An enhanced basic salary package (i.e CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up). Other perquisites include:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal Allowance
- Learned Society Subscription Allowance
- Local Transport and Travelling
- Books and Periodicals
- Housing Allowance
The Chair has a tenure of TWO YEARS commencing August, 2017.
E. CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
As contained in the University of Lagos Conditions of Service governing Senior Staff.
F. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit three bound copies of publications along with ten (10) copies of detailed application and curriculum vitae. The CV should include:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Postal Address
- E-MAIL ……………………………
- Telephone No. (Landline/Mobile)………………………
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualification (Including distinctions and credit with dates)
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present post.
- Detailed list of publications.
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and Addresses of three referees.
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.
Candidates should submit signed and scanned application, as well as current CV online at www.unilag.edu.ng (recruitment.unilag.edu.ng)
Further enquiries should be directed to:
The Director Deputy Registrar
Office of Advancement Academic Staff Unit
Top Floor, Human Resource Management Department,
Bookshop Building, Senate House,
University of Lagos. University of Lagos.
Mobile No:08037257799 Mobile No: 08029914599
Application and supporting materials should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar, Academic Affairs Unit, University of Lagos, not later than six weeks from the date of this publication.
if you really like or love our articles you can subscribe to our email subscription list below its free and we don’t spam our users your emails are free with us